Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/09/2018 12:00
Schools - Support
The Northumberland Church Of England Academy are seeking a Catering Assistant to assist in the preparation for and in the service of meals and refreshments and undertake associated kitchen duties. Work is carried out under the supervision of a Catering Manager or Cook.
Duties and key result areas: Individually or part of a team :
1. Assist with the basic preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages
2. Setting up of the dining area, including washing tables etc.
3. Packing meals for transport to other locations where appropriate.
4. Transport meals between kitchen and serving or dining area as necessary
5. Preparation of other service points, as necessary.
6. Assistance with the service of meals and refreshments as required.
7. Clearance of the dining area and other service points after meal service.
8. General kitchen duties to include washing up and cleaning of equipment, cupboards, surfaces etc.
9. Setting up of dining furniture as and when required.
10. Assist with the administration, collection, reconciliation and security of monies relating to the service including till operation and operation of cashless systems.
11. Assisting with the receipt and storage of goods, stocktaking and completion of daily monitoring sheets.
12. Assistance with thorough cleaning of kitchen area and equipment and dining furniture - prior to each school term.
13. Assistance with thorough checking of light kitchen equipment.
14. Assisting with the operation of vending services where necessary.
15. Assisting with special events as and when required.
16. Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation and County Council policies in all aspects but especially when using materials, tools and equipment.
17. Attend training sessions as and when required.
18. May be required to cover other sites and duties appropriate to the nature, level and grade of the post.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted above are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Applications to be returned to HR Department; electronically to email@example.com or by post to Josephine Butler Campus, Academy Road, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9FZ
This job is closed for applications.