Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/05/2022 23:59
£21,269 - £22,571 per annum
Catering / Cleaning
The Dolphin Centre is at the heart of Darlington Town Centre and has been for nearly 40 years! We pride ourselves on our extensive menu in our bistro and market square café which provide a relaxed atmosphere and contemporary eating experience.
As a Chef at the Dolphin Centre you will thrive in a very busy environment preparing and serving food to a consistently high standard, ensuring excellent 5* food hygiene is given the highest priority.
We are looking to attract people who are passionate about providing outstanding customer service with an enthusiasm to deliver business performance and who will be proud to be part of this very successful team. A Chef with a positive attitude and the flexibility to cope with the demands of a very busy and varied kitchen.
Our team of Chefs serve food to our very busy Bistro, 16 Horsemarket Café and Under the Sea Soft Play area, they also prepare buffets for the Dolphin Centre, Hippodrome as well other external businesses. In addition to all this our team also cater for high quality functions and events regularly.
The successful candidate will have approximately 3 years previous catering experience and a knowledge of catering background is desirable.
What's in it for you? Our employee offer includes:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase additional Annual Leave (pro-rata for part time working)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car Leasing Scheme
• Access to a wide range of training, learning and development
• Access to free physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• First class health and wellbeing initiatives
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Reduced cost membership for the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidized Town Centre parking permits subject to criteria
• Discounted Arriva Travel Pass
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to criteria
Watch our video to view the full range of benefits we offer: https://youtu.be/_wqcdduznKs
For detailed information on this role please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. A copy of our Bistro and 16 Horsemarket Menu is also attached.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Head Chef, David Glass on 01325 406981.
This job is closed for applications.