Class Teacher - Sleights C of E Primary School
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/10/2018 09:00
Schools - Teaching
Sleights Church of England School
Sleights Church of England (Voluntary Controlled) Primary School
Working together to be happy; to flourish; to succeed through our Christian Values of perseverance, respect and trust.
Telephone: 01947 810395
Headteacher: Scott Grason
Class Teacher (0.5) Fixed term for one year to cover maternity
Come and be part of something really special!
Are you an inspiring and committed teacher who will make sure our children’s one chance in education is the best chance possible?
With our community ethos, our pride in ‘working together to be happy, to flourish and to succeed’ and our wonderful village and forest setting, we believe we have something really special. All we need is you!
Here at Sleights Primary School, we share a special and unique learning community with our friendly and welcoming children, close knit staff and governors, and we are proud to serve our village and communities who send their children to our oversubscribed Church of England school.
We may be small (104 on roll), but we think big … and our learning environment, with spacious accommodation surrounded by our own fantastic forest, woodland and stunning setting in the valley, is second to none. We are excited to share and further develop excellent provision for our staff and children.
We can offer many opportunities for staff to share their expertise and professional development with colleagues in schools across the area. We have staff who have accessed NPQML and bespoke training programmes – and if you give us your best – we will give you our best to develop you as a teaching professional.
As a result of maternity cover, we are looking to appoint a teaching professional to join us as our new Year 3/4 Teacher. This post is 2.5 days per week and fixed term for a year initially.
We are looking for:
• A professional who has an engaging and dynamic style of teaching which fosters independence and resilience and inspires children to follow their interests and ambitions.
• Someone who has the drive and ambition to make sure our children achieve their very best, and has a proven record of raising standards for all children.
• A teacher with a flair and passion for primary education who will embrace working and teaching in our village school.
We can offer you:
• A warm, happy school where we value our community and Church of England ethos and have a philosophy of treating each other with kindness and respect.
• Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children
• A school with unique and inspiring learning environments
• Tailored opportunities to access CPD courses through the Opportunity Area funding
• An opportunity to work with an experienced and committed team and take a role in a school determined to reach the highest standards.
Join us and build a wonderful career in a school you are passionate about. Please contact James on the details below.
We are part of the North Yorkshire Opportunity Area that is prioritising improvements to early years education and numeracy and literacy outcomes, alongside a drive to recruit and retain high-quality, motivated teachers to the area. Teachers on the North Yorkshire Coast will have unique opportunities to engage in additional professional and leadership development through this programme, as well as access to fully-funded national professional qualifications.
The date of commencement for this post will be January 2019.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 22 October at 9am
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
For an informal conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack please contact James Annetts at Resourcing Solutions (North Yorkshire County Council) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01609 534939 / 07966261249
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
This job is closed for applications.