Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 01/10/2018 23:59
£22,917 - £33,491 pro rata (pay award pending)
Schools - Teaching
St. Michael’s RC Primary School
Temporary to cover Maternity Leave
Required from 28th November 2018 until return of substantive post holder.
St. Michael’s RC Primary School is a happy, welcoming and highly respected Catholic school providing a very good education for all our pupils. The Governors would like to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic and hardworking teacher to cover a maternity leave in Year 3. The successful applicant will possess the necessary skills to enable all children to be inquisitive, engaged and empowered in their learning.
Applications are welcomed from teachers who:
- are a practising Catholic or will be sympathetic to the teachings of the Catholic Church
- are flexible and adaptable in their approach to teaching, and are able to demonstrate knowledge and skills to nurture our children towards reaching their full potential
- have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a team
- have the commitment to contribute to the life of the school
We can offer you:
- a very strong catholic ethos
- a vibrant and stimulating school setting
- an enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff
- highly motivated, friendly, polite and well behaved children
- an inclusive school who value the uniqueness of each child
- active and supportive Governors, parents and parish community
Applications from teachers who may be new to the teaching profession, as well as those with experience, are very welcome to apply.
Visits to the school are encouraged by prior arrangement with the Head Teacher/School Business Manager by telephoning the school on 0191 373 1205.
Applicants must complete a CES application form.
Durham County Council application forms are not acceptable and will not be considered.
Contact for information about the post: Mrs Joanne Bruton (Headteacher)
Application packs are available by contacting the School Office
on 0191 373 1205, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or downloading the above documents.
Application forms should be returned to St Michael’s RC Primary School, Esh Village, Durham, DH7 9QY by 3.30pm on Monday 1st October 2018.
Shortlisting: Thursday 4th October 2018
Interviews: Thursday 18th October 2018
You will be an employee of the Board of Governors of the school.
The Governing Body and the Diocese are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to obtain an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the “disqualification by association” declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment cannot be progressed without this declaration.
This post is not open to job share.
St. Michael’s RC Primary School
Tel: 0191 373 1205
This job is closed for applications.