Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/10/2018 12:00
Grade 1, £16,863 - £17,007 (pro-rata)
Schools - Support
Burnside Primary School
Required as soon possible after 1st November 2018
Temporary until 31st August 2019
10 hours per week (4.00pm – 6.00pm Monday – Thursday, 3.30pm – 5.30 Friday)
Our friendly and welcoming school is set at the heart of the local community. A recent Ofsted inspection (January 2017) judged the school to be good.
The governors are seeking to appoint two highly motivated cleaners to join our staff. The post will commence as soon after 1st November 2018 as possible.
The post requires you to undertake duties in the following areas:
• Work under the supervision of the Head teacher or another designated person
• Report immediately to the caretaker any defect or damage to any equipment, especially stepladders and ladders, and store away in a safe place until it has been repaired or disposed of
• Report any incident to the caretaker, Head teacher or designated person, and fill in appropriate forms
• Clean identified areas of the school including classrooms, children/staff toilets, corridors, offices and staffroom. Tasks will include damp dusting, mopping floors, washing tables, chairs and shelves, dusting furniture, etc..
• Inform caretaker of the need for replacement light fittings/fuses etc
• Inform caretaker of the need for supplies
• The cleaning and caretaking staff are expected to provide mutual assistance in the moving of heavy furniture so as to enable each to carry out their respective duties
Applicants are very welcome to visit the school. Please notify the office of your intention to visit by ringing 01207 234020.
Application packs can be downloaded from the County Council Jobs web page: alternatively they can be obtained by emailing the school, firstname.lastname@example.org and completed forms should be returned to the school.
Previous applicants are invited to reapply.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced disclosure DBS check.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Employees who must work all year around (52 weeks per year), including during school closure periods. These employees will have a leave entitlement of 26 or 31 days (pro rata for part time) which must be taken when the schools are closed. The holiday entitlement runs from April to March, under Green Book terms i.e. not academic year).
Closing date: Wednesday 31st October 2018 at 12.00 noon
Interviews will take place week beginning Monday 5th November 2018
Burnside Primary School
Telephone: 01207 234020
This job is closed for applications.