Community Engagement Tutor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/11/2018 23:59
£9,046 - £10,000 (£22,660 - £25,000 pro rata)
Blakelaw, Newcastle upon Tyne
At Northern Learning Trust we aim to improve the potential and raise the aspiration of people through learning. Much of our work is with vulnerable and disadvantaged people and communities with complex needs. We use informal learning and mentoring to build confidence and skills, and help people find solutions to their problems.
We have recently been successful in securing funding from the European Social Fund through North of Tyne Community Led Local Development (CLLD), to open a new Learning Hive in the Blakelaw area of Newcastle and are seeking a highly motivated Community Engagement Tutor to deliver the project. You will be a fully qualified tutor, experienced in working with learners who face multiple barriers to learning and with a genuine desire to help people improve their lives through learning.
We are passionate about the work we do and need a person who understands our values and believes in our mission. In return we offer you the opportunity to join a forward thinking and supportive organisation at an exciting stage in its development. We value our team members and offer a competitive salary, flexible working patterns and a friendly, supportive work environment.
To provide high quality, bespoke community learning opportunities which enable people to improve their employment prospects and make progress towards financial stability.
Important and essential aspects of this post will be:
• The ability to engage with local communities, individuals and organisations.
• To manage, plan and deliver learning programmes in a variety of formats e.g. 1:1 tuition, group work, roll on – roll off
• The ability to be flexible, dynamic and innovative in the delivery of a wide range of learning opportunities e.g. Engagement, Employability Skills, Functional Skills and Financial Literacy
• Willing, and able, to take responsibility for the development of existing and new programmes
• Recruitment and training of volunteers to increase capacity within the Learning Hive
• Effectively promote the ethos and values of Northern Learning Trust
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Community Engagement Tutor will:
• Undertake a range of activities to increase participation of the Trust’s target client groups in learning.
• Develop, organise and deliver a range of learning activities and programmes to meet the needs of the Trust’s client groups
• Develop and manage progression routes for clients into employment and further learning opportunities
• Recruit, train and support volunteers within the Learning Hive
• Manage, maintain and monitor client records, outputs and outcomes using the Trust’s or commissioners’ documentation
• Actively liaise with relevant organisations and professionals, to ensure an effective, consistent and holistic approach to meeting needs of learners
• Actively network, and build relationships with relevant organisations in the statutory, non-statutory, voluntary and community sectors to explore development opportunities for Northern Learning Trust
• Provide written and/or oral reports as required by the Trust and commissioners
• Attend any relevant conferences or training events to further the organisation’s and individual’s knowledge and skills and disseminate, if appropriate
• Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post
Closing Date: Wednesday 21st November 2018
Interviews will be held Wednesday 28th November 2018
This job is closed for applications.