Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/08/2018 09:00
£21,693 - £23,111
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
Full Time: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Part Time/ Job Share: 18.5 hours per week
The Service is seeking to appoint a number of caring, passionate and forward-thinking individuals to carry out the role of a Community Risk Officer as part of the Community Risk Management Section. We have both full and part time/ job share opportunities available for the right candidates.
Your responsibilities will cover a broad spectrum of community safety matters which will include the following areas:
Key Responsibilities of the Community Risk Officer include:
• Liaising with appropriate organisations and authorities, pertaining to high risk users whilst maintaining an oversight of complex cases and contribute to the
compilation of reports.
• Carrying out fire risk assessments with occupants during home visits.
• Identifying issues and signposting vulnerable people to other agencies to assist them to gain access to relevant resources in order to enhance the quality
• Educating and training members of the community in the reduction of fire risk through intervention.
Expected knowledge, skills and abilities of the Community Risk Officer include:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Knowledge and understanding of equality and diversity issues within the community
• Ability to work to deadlines and under occasional pressure
• Ability to use initiative and imagination
• Ability to work remotely
• Flexible approach to working hours
• An ability to demonstrate practical skills
For further information please contact Mark Henderson on 0191 375 5594
Application packs should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 09:00 Monday 20 August 2018
Sift: week commencing 20 August
Interview dates: week commencing 27 August
This job is closed for applications.