Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/06/2018 23:59
Social Care - Adult Service
Sunderland Care and Support
Post Ref: Cook/DS
£21,074 per annum (pro rata)
Various locations in Sunderland and surrounding areas
Sunderland Care and Support is seeking to appoint an experienced full time Cook to work in our Day Services and to support the wider catering function of our award winning company.
Sunderland Care and Support is a Sunderland City Council owned trading company supporting vulnerable people across the city of Sunderland.
The job is extremely rewarding and in return we can offer:
• A starting salary of £21,074 (pro-rata)
• 37 hour per week
• A pension scheme
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Career development opportunities
• A positive, fun and rewarding job role and culture
You will need to:
• Ensure efficient and effective service delivery in a high quality and professional catering service provision
• Have the ability to prepare, cook and serve food in accordance to defined standards
• Assist with the supervision of other catering staff
• Demonstrate a willingness to go the extra mile
• Be an excellent communicator
• Enjoy a challenge and be flexible in your approach to work
• Support the development of further business opportunities in relation to catering
• Support the development of knowledge and experience across all catering service areas within the company.
Successful applicants will be subject to two satisfactory references and DBS clearance
If you would like an opportunity to talk about joining our award winning company, we are holding an open evening on Tuesday 19th June from 5pm to 7pm at Sunderland Care and Support Ltd, Leechmere Centre, Carrmere Road, Sunderland SR2 9TQ.
Application packs are available to download on-line, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
This job is closed for applications.