Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/09/2018 22:59
£17,007 - £17,391 per annum
See advert Text
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Newcastle upon Tyne, YHN House
At YHN, we are responsible for managing over 26,000 homes on behalf of Newcastle City Council and our other partners and we aim to enable positive living for people in our homes and neighbourhoods. We are looking for people with the right mix of skills and abilities to work with us to create homes and neighbourhoods we all can be proud of and enable YHN and the community to work together to realise a brighter future. If you share this passion, a career at YHN could be for you.
Job Title: Customer Service Adviser (Fixed term until 31/03/2019)
Vacancy Reference number: 179015
Salary : Y3, £17,007 - £17,391 per annum, pro rata + shift enhancements where applicable
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, YHN House
Hours: Various working patterns/hours available (see below)
This post is also open to Job Share
Do you want a job with a varied working pattern and the flexibility to fit in with your commitments?
Are you customer-focused with the ability to work under pressure in a calm and professional manner?
Do you have a passion for customer service? If so, a Contact Centre role with Your Homes Newcastle could be the start of a career for you.
The Enquiry Centre is the first point of contact for customer enquiries, and we are looking for a customer focused individual to join our team of advisors who are committed to delivering excellent customer experiences. The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills and the ability to work under difficult circumstances in a calm and professional manner.
Your Homes Newcastle provides a wide range of services to people on behalf of Newcastle City Council; these can range from reporting repairs, collecting money to elderly customers asking for help following a fall.
If you are a positive person who can empathise with people, remain calm in difficult situations and deliver a first-class customer service, we want to hear from you.
Why work for Your Homes Newcastle?
• Salary/Pay is £8.81 PH, with unsociable hours enhancements ranging from 33% to 83%, meaning up to £16.13 PH for some shifts!
• Opportunities for career progression to a wide range of fields
Supportive culture with regular contact with your line manager
• Our base in South Gosforth is an excellent location no matter how you commute and offers free parking to all employees
• Enrolment in LGPS pension scheme
• Attractive holiday entitlement
• Varied working patterns and flexibility which is great if you have commitments.
Shift patterns could include the hours listed below and will be on a fixed term contract until March 2018.
• Monday to Friday 4pm - 8pm position, 20 hours per week
• Monday to Friday 1pm midday – 6pm position, 25 hours per week
• Monday to Friday 1pm – 9pm position, 37 hours per week
• Monday to Friday 5 pm – 9 pm position, 20 hours per week
• Monday to Friday 3 pm – 11 pm position, 37 hours per week
• Monday to Friday 8 am – 4 pm Mon, 10 am – 6 pm Tues to Fri position, 37 hours per week
• Saturday and Sunday 6pm – 10pm position, 8 hours per week
Before making up your mind why not call Eve Martin or Elaine Holliday on 0191 2788600 for an informal chat about the opportunities that Your Homes Newcastle can offer. If you would prefer to email your query please email email@example.com
Further details about the role and the type of person that we are looking for are also contained in the job description.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept CV's, only online applications. To apply, click on the 'Apply for this Job' tab. Any communication sent to you regarding your application will be sent to the email address you have set up on your North East Jobs account, so you will need to ensure that you check your inbox.
As an Arms-Length Management Organisation, YHN’s relationship with Newcastle City Council is governed by a Management Agreement. The existing Management Agreement runs until 2026.
YHN is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all groups regardless of gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, disability, age, race, maternity and pregnancy, marriage and civil partnership and gender reassignment.
This job is closed for applications.