DBS1217/21 Administrative Assistant - Appletree Gardens First School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£16,444.73 - £17,071.59 pa pro rata
Schools - Support
Appletree Gardens First School, Appletree Gardens, Monkseaton, Whitley Bay, NE25 8XS
The Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint a new part time Administrative Assistant for this welcoming two form entry first school starting on 4th January 2022. Based in Whitley Bay our school serves a community with pupils who come from a variety of different backgrounds, it is a very happy school where pupils thrive and enjoy learning.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and flexible part time Admin Assistant who can support our full time staff in the smooth running of the office. You should have experience of business administration and be willing to undertake further training if necessary.
• Undertake all Reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries, signing in/out visitors.
• Undertake administrative procedures eg. registers/school meals/school milk/pupil reports/uniform.
• Ensure daily collection and completion of attendance registers using SIMS.
• Co-ordinate activities – Swimming, Lingotots/Rock Steady Music/after school clubs etc.
• Maintain stock and supplies of uniform both in school and with supplier Emblematic.
• Use of Parentmail for parent/carer correspondence and +Pay for payments for trips/uniform/activities.
• Assist with pupil welfare duties, liaising with parents/staff etc.
• Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
• Undertake general financial administration of school fund, collecting and recording money in Excel and undertaking basic book keeping.
• Produce and distribute weekly newsletters.
• Co-ordination of school photographs/school trips & eVisits/parental consultations.
• Sort and distribute mail and sort outgoing mail.
• Undertake typing and other IT based tasks.
• Updating school website.
• Provide routine clerical support eg. photocopying, filing, faxing, e:mails, complete routine forms.
• Provide general advice and guidance to staff, pupils and others.
• Knowledge of Google Docs would be desirable.
Part Time Hours will be from 9.00am - 1.00pm Monday to Friday (20 hours per week).
This post is permanent, term time only over 195 days.
Application packs are attached and can be downloaded from this advert. Alternatively an application pack can be requested from Mrs Sue Gourley, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return application forms to Mrs Sue Gourley, Office Manager by 9am on Thursday 9th December 2021, email@example.com.
Appletree Gardens First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.