DBS282/18 Playworker - King Edward Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/07/2018 12:00
£17,391 - £18,319 pa pro rata
Schools - Support
King Edward Primary School, North Shields
Required from 1st September 2018
We are looking to appoint two enthusiastic and flexible Playworkers to join our amazing team at our popular Out of School Club based in King Edward Primary School. Our club is open 51 weeks a year, closing for one week at Christmas, so both posts are for full year positions. This will involve working before and after school times during term time and all day throughout the school holidays. While the posts are for 16 hours, we anticipate there will be significant scope for additional hours. This is determined on a weekly basis in response to the number of children booked into the club for each session.
We are extremely proud of our provision which is highly praised by parents and Ofsted. We envisage the successful candidates to hold the minimum of a Level 3 Childcare / Playworker qualification and to undertake the following duties:
• Make effective use of opportunities to provide play activities to support the development of children’s skills and experiences
• Establish productive working relationships with children, acting as a role model and setting high expectations for behaviour
• Work with management to establish an appropriate play environment
• Be aware of and support difference and ensure all children have equal access to opportunities to play, learn and develop
• Work cooperatively with colleagues within the club and across the school more widely.
The post is permanent, 52/52 weeks, 16 hours per week.
For further details and application information, please see the ‘OOSC’ section of our website http://www.kingedwardprimary.org.uk/
Applications should be returned by post or email no later than noon, 20th July 2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be held week commencing 30th August 2018.
King Edward Primary School
Tyne & Wear
King Edward Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
This job is closed for applications.