Skip to content
View All Jobs
Advanced Job Search
Association of North East Councils
Cleveland Fire Brigade
Coast & Country Housing
County Durham Housing Group
Darlington Borough Council
Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
Durham County Council
First Class Supply & Training
Hartlepool Borough Council
Middlesbrough Schools & Academies
NECA - North East Combined Authority
New College Durham
Newcastle City Council
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
North East Regional Employers Organisation
North Tyneside Council
Northumberland County Council
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South Tyneside Council
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Sunderland Care and Support
Sunderland City Council
Tees Valley Combined Authority
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Your Homes Newcastle
How to use this website
The recruitment process
How to apply
Hints & tips
Frequently asked questions
About this site
Our Talent pool
Eligibility to Work
Quick Job Search
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Arts / Tourism
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
Catering / Cleaning
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Environmental Health / Trading Standards
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Executive / Managerial
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Fire and Rescue (On Call)
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
Fire and Rescue (Wholetime)
Health and Safety
HR / Training
Manual / Trades / Transport
Marketing / Media / Communications
Planning / Building Control
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Schools - Support
Schools - Teaching
Social Care - Adult Service
Social Care - Children Service
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Select a job category
Previous 24 hours
Select a date period
Up to £10,000
£10,001 to £20,000
£20,001 to £30,000
£30,001 to £40,000
£40,001 to £50,000
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text
Advanced Job Search
You are here:
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/04/2017 12:00
£49,976 - £55,049 (L11 – L15, starting point negotiable)
Schools - Teaching
Newcastle upon Tyne
DHT - AdvertWelbeck.pdf
This job is closed for applications.
Newcastle Upon Tyne
L11 – L15 (starting point negotiable) – required from September
2017 or earlier
The Trust wishes to appoint and highly motivated, creative and skilled Deputy Headteacher with proven leadership experience. The successful candidate will work strategically in partnership with the current Head and Deputy Headteacher to make a significant contribution to the outcomes of our children at Welbeck Academy.
Welbeck Academy is part of the WISE Academies group which is a successful multi-academy trust.
Welbeck offers high quality provision in the heart of its community.
We would like to appoint someone who:
• Is an experienced and truly outstanding KS2 classroom practitioner with consistently high expectations
for our children’s achievement, behaviour and personal development.
• Will work as part of the strategic leadership team to drive and lead school improvement.
• Is a passionate and vibrant leader who has a proven track record of leadership and management success
as a subject/ department leader.
• Has vision, energy, honesty and loyalty and can lead and motivate colleagues and our children.
• Has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Can analyse a range of data in order to contribute to strategic planning.
• Is able to coach, guide and support colleagues to secure outstanding outcomes for our children.
• Can make the right decisions for the right reasons.
• Able to promote links within WISE Academies and with the wider community
• Is willing to uphold and develop the ethos of WISE Academies.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and passionate team, in Welbeck and as part of WISE Academies.
• Exceptionally enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
• The opportunity to make a real contribution to school development.
• A creative environment that supports and enhances our vision and inclusive ethos.
• An attractive and well-resourced school in the heart of its community.
• A non-class based post enabling you to have striking impact on our children’s outcomes.
• A commitment to managing staff workload and well-being at all times.
• On- going commitment to your professional development.
Prospective candidates are
strongly encouraged to arrange a visit to Welbeck Academy
before applying for this post. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit to the school.
For an application form and information pack, please contact WISE Academies Head Office, Borodin Avenue, Sunderland SR5 4NX, e-mail
to whom completed applications must be returned.
midday on Monday 24th April 2017
Shortlisting: Tuesday 25th April 2017
Interviews: Friday 5th May 2017
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Procedures
Back to top
Terms and Conditions