Designated Safeguarding Lead - Hope Wood Academy
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£25,737 - £27,244 (actual salary)
Schools - Support
Academies across the Ascent Trust
Together we build brighter futures for young people with SEND.
Founded in 2012, The Ascent Academies’ Trust is a family of four special academies in the North East of England, over three different local authorities. We are a collaborative group of academies who work closely with one another in order to achieve the best outcomes for our young people. As a result, our academies have improved year on year and all academies are currently at least Good from an Ofsted rating, with some individual areas rated outstanding. This is an exciting time to join our Trust as we look to set out our next steps in creating brilliant schools. We are an ethical Trust whose vision and values are aligned to equality and diversity, collaboration and lifelong learning.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven individual for this fast paced role, you will share our passion for providing the highest quality safeguarding and pastoral support for our young people and their families.
What we need:
• A commitment to and a passion for building a brighter future for young people with Special Educational Needs
• A commitment to our ethos of ‘Learning together for life long success’
• Someone who will embrace being part of a family of schools, sharing good practice and collaborating with others across a Trust
• An enthusiastic, proactive and positive approach
• Commitment to own professional development and to enhance those of others in order that we can respond to the needs of our young people
• Consistently high expectations and aspirations for our young people and yourself
• Someone with strong attention to detail, thoroughness and a high level of integrity
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Complete commitment to the core values of Ascent
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals who love what they do
• Chance to work with our amazing young people and their families
• Excellent career development and progression opportunities
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Opportunity to work across all ages and abilities within the Trust
• Opportunity to work in settings which value multi-disciplinary ways of working
• Access to a range of subject and SEND specific networks, regionally and nationally
• An exciting and extensive commitment to high quality professional development, identified through a strong appraisal process
• A comprehensive wellbeing and support package for all colleagues
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of diversity and collaboration, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Adele Pearson, Head of Academy on Tel: 07415 565542 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this post please click on apply now and use/create your NE Jobs account.
Interview date: Wednesday 21st October 2020
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people with Special Needs and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.