Quick Job Search
Select a job category
Select a date period
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text

EHO Private Sector Housing (SLL)

Organisation Logo

Job Summary

Contract Type:
Working Pattern:
Full time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/05/2017 23:59
£27,668 - £35,444
Hours per week:
Job Category:
Vacancy ID:
Employment Location:
Gateshead Civic Centre
Post Number:

Job details 

Closing date:
28 May

Supporting documents

Please note

This job is closed for applications.

Further information

Gateshead Council is seeking to appoint an Environmental Health Officer to join the Private Sector Housing Team. The Team is made up of Environmental Health Officers, Technical Officers and administrative support, working across a broad range of housing related issues including housing standards, noise and anti social behaviour, public health issues, statutory nuisances and landlord licensing to improve conditions in the private housing sector.

You will be working specifically on leading the delivery of one of our two existing and landlord licensing schemes and implementation of proposed schemes within the Borough.

You will require a Degree in Environmental Health, Certificate of Registration with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Board and a Certificate of Competency in the Housing, Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) as well as a minimum of two years experience working within a private sector housing team. This will include competent property inspection, taking enforcement action, working and engaging with landlords and members of the public.

You will have well-developed planning, organisational, communication and customer service skills and be able to apply a methodical approach to problem solving and be computer literate. Analytical skills will be required to investigate and interpret varied and complex information, draw conclusions and make recommendations for action. Effective project management skills and the ability to improve systems of work are essential.

You will also have knowledge of current and emerging private sector housing related legislation, in particular that relating to the licensing of residential accommodation and the technical aspects of licensing and housing standards enforcement.

You will have a current driving licence or means to mobility support.

Apply online at www.gateshead.gov.uk

Back to top