Family Group Conferencing Worker x 2 posts
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/11/2018 23:59
£22,401 - £25,463
Hours per week:
please see advert text
Social Care - Children Service
23 The Green, Nettlesworth, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
CYPS/18/313 S046707 and S046706
Children and Young Peoples Services
Early Help Assessment & Safeguarding - Families First
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/18/313/MWFV3992
Post title: Family Group Conferencing Worker – x 2 permanent posts
1 x full time
1 x part time (22.5 hours per week)
Salary: £22,401 - £25,463 Grade 7 (pro-rata to hours worked if applicable)
Job Location: 23 The Green, Nettlesworth, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Two Family Group Conferencing Workers are required to lead and coordinate Family Group Conferences to encourage family decision making and responsibility for their children and young people by negotiating and discussing support within their family network to ensure safety and safeguarding of children and young people.
The successful candidate will be required :
• To encourage the active participation of parents, children and young people, as well as other professionals involved with the family, to attend FGC.
• To provide mediation and a range of restorative interventions by negotiating and discussing support within their family network.
• To work directly with children and young people to gain their views and wishes to present at FGC and mediation.
• To ensure family plans developed are future focussed, detailed and evidence based, practical and meet the requirements of any safety/ safeguarding issues
• To work constructively and co-operatively with colleagues and other agencies to meet service objectives.
Experience : significant recent experience (i.e. within the last 12 months) of direct work with young people and their families.
Required qualifications: Level 3 Health & Social Care or equivalent
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about the post please contact Sheila Purvis on 03000 262300 or via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 26 November 2018.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.