GIS and System Support Analyst
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/08/2018 17:00
£28,221 - £30,756
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service is one of 45 fire and rescue services across the county. The service employs approx. 600 personnel and has 15 fire stations strategic positioned across the service area as well as having headquarters in Belmont and a training and a technical service centre, both situated in Bowburn. Last year the service received approximately 17,000 calls of which 8,000 were attended, including 311 fires in people’s homes. The service also delivered nearly 20,000 safe and wellbeing visits.
The Information Services Team forms part of the Community Risk Management section and is responsible for establishing effective controls for service-wide data assets and utilisation of appropriate tools to deliver information to appropriate stakeholders and customers. This includes data analysis and intelligence (including geographic information systems (GIS)) and understanding performance to support business decision making. The team are also responsible for administrating several key service systems.
The team is constantly innovating and looking at new ways to use and exploit our data assets and to support this we are looking to recruit a suitably skilled and qualified GIS and System Support Analyst to further support our work around GIS and business intelligence. The service currently uses a suit of CadCorp products including CadCorp SIS and CadCorp Web Map Layers.
The roles and responsibilities will include:
Key Responsibilities of the GIS and System Support Analyst:
• To lead on the development and support the services geographic information systems including desktop and web mapping
• To manage internal and external spatial datasets, including Ordnance Survey data, process and upload into the corporate GIS database/data warehouse.
• To provide comprehensive analytical support and maps using GIS
• To help support, develop and provide advice on business information systems
• Carry out community risk modelling and to analyse and understand changes in community risk.
Expected knowledge, skills and abilities of the GIS and System Support Analyst:
• Extensive experience and skills using GIS desktop and web mapping software
• Knowledge of Ordnance Survey PSMA datasets including maps and Addressbase
• Knowledge of analytical techniques that can be used in GIS
• Experience of providing system support to users and training
• Excel and other software to carry out data analysis suing tools such as PIVOTs.
In return the post offers 26 days annual leave rising to 31 days after 5 years, flexible working hours, sports facilities, car parking and a pension scheme.
For further information please contact Graeme Lockhart, Information Services Manager on 0191 375 5582.
Application packs should be submitted to email@example.com.
This job is closed for applications.