Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 31/07/2022 23:59
Standby payment when on-call
Manual / Trades / Transport
Allington Way Depot
The Council has a commercially focused, successful and thriving Building Services division which are currently looking to recruit Gas Fitters to join the repairs and maintenance team. This team look after domestic Council housing stock and other Council owned properties such as sheltered housing schemes. The job utilises mobile technology to enable you to carry out your job while on the move using a mobile device. This includes details of your appointments, van stock control and health and safety information such as vehicle checks. A vehicle is provided which is collected and returned daily to the depot. You will be part of an out of hours standby rota to respond to requests for repairs out of hours.
Our Gas Fitter’s carry out gas servicing and repairs, plumbing and mechanical installations, and maintenance and repair work of schools, public buildings and domestic dwellings. You will need to be a time served Gas/Plumber/Heating Engineer: City and Guilds or equivalent, qualified to ACS certification and to understand and comply with Health & Safety legislation, practices and procedures with particular regard to installing and maintaining electro-technical systems and equipment.
As an employer we can offer you: -
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase additional Annual Leave (pro-rata for part time working)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car Leasing Scheme
• Access to a wide range of training, learning and development
• Access to free physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• First class health and wellbeing initiatives
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Reduced cost membership for the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
• Discounted Arriva Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For further details, please contact Andrew Wetherell, Gas Manager on 07779 080927
***PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN YOU SELECT 'APPLY NOW' ON THIS PAGE, YOU WILL FIRST BE TAKEN TO THE MAIN LISTING FOR THIS ROLE. PLEASE SELECT 'APPLY NOW' AGAIN TO ACCESS THE CANDIDATE PORTAL AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION***
This job is closed for applications.