Grounds Maintenance Supervisor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/12/2020 12:00
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Cramlington Town Council is seeking to appoint a Working Grounds Maintenance Supervisor to lead a medium sized Operations Team. The appointed supervisor will be required to undertake duties such as:
• Working alongside the Operations and Facilities Manager, the Grounds
Maintenance Supervisor will manage and develop the Grounds Maintenance Service including associated areas and activities.
• To promote new ideas and approaches to landscaping the town.
• To undertake the day to day management of the Grounds Maintenance team, including the preparation of daily and weekly work schedules.
• To liaise with the Operational and Facilities Manager (OFM) in reviewing working practices and, where possible propose and introduce new practices in the interests of continuous improvement.
• To maintain a high standard of service to client expectations.
• To lead motivate and supervise the Operations Team and have accountability for achieving individual and team targets, together with maintaining service performance standards.
• To undertake routine administrative tasks (via IT systems) attached to the team including works planning and keeping works operating systems up to date.
• To carry out routine manual operational tasks as part of the team.
• To ensure that all staff comply with Health and Safety procedures.
• To identify and advise the OFM on training needs for the team, maintain accurate training records and ensure that operatives are fully conversant and trained to use all equipment.
• To ensure that all plant is suitable for purpose and safe prior to use.
• To report, on a regular basis to the Operations and Facilities Manager.
For further enquiries, Please contact Daryl Wood, Operations and Facilities Manager, via email@example.com
Closing date: Noon, Wednesday 23rd December 2020
This job is closed for applications.