Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/02/2019 12:00
Schools - Teaching
Mortimer Primary School, South Shields
(MORTIMER PRIMARY SCHOOL)
L21 – L27
Number on roll: 644 (including nursery)
Required for September 2019
Due to the retirement of our much-respected Head Teacher an exciting opportunity has arisen for the Governing Board to appoint a dynamic and inspiring leader to lead our vibrant and caring School.
Mortimer Primary is an outstanding School with a strong and successful ethos. We aim to ensure that every child achieves their full potential. As a designated Teaching School we are committed to promoting best practice in the region.
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated leader with excellent interpersonal skills who is highly motivated and has a clear vision for the further development of our School.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a strong commitment to sustaining School improvement
• Be committed to safeguarding and the wellbeing of children
• Be passionate about raising standards and committed to developing the potential of every child
• Maintain a focus on excellence in teaching and learning through an enriched curriculum
• Have proven leadership and management skills
• Demonstrate sound financial management
• Be approachable, receptive and able to challenge, motivate and inspire others
• Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
• Build on the school’s success as a Teaching School and develop its area-wide role in promoting school-led improvement
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply
Visits to the School are encouraged. Please contact the school to arrange a visit on (0191) 4554504
Shortlisting: Friday 1 March 2019
Interviews: Monday 18 March 2019
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email email@example.com or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Closing date: Noon, 21 February 2019.
This job is closed for applications.