Headteacher - Broadway Junior School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/02/2019 12:00
£53,724 - £62,262
Schools - Teaching
Broadway Junior School
Together for Children Sunderland, on behalf of:
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
Broadway Junior School
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 – 5283058
Headteacher: Margarita Acklam
Applications are invited for the position of
Required: 1st September 2019
ISR Group 2, Salary L13 – L19: £53,724 - £62,262 (STCPD 2018)
‘Access to an education that is challenging, purposeful and exciting and which promotes achievement, aspiration and success.’
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our current Headteacher we are looking to appoint a passionate, caring and inspirational leader, who will continue to take our good school forward with vision and dedication. Governors, staff and pupils are looking for someone who –
• has recent successful strategic leadership and management experience in the primary sector;
• can lead the school community, develop learning and teaching and ensure that all pupils achieve their full potential;
• promotes a happy, safe, inclusive learning environment and upholds our high standards of behaviour;
• has a steady hand to preserve what exists and the imagination to see where the school can develop;
• will engage effectively, communicate well and build upon positive relationships with children, staff, families and the wider community.
In return we can offer you:
• pupils who are happy, enthusiastic, proud of their school and eager to learn;
• an inclusive community minded school, committed to giving the best start in life to as many children as we can impact;
• a highly motivated, dedicated, and experienced team of staff;
• a strategically minded governing board who offer support and challenge in equal measure;
• very positive relationships with parents and the wider community.
How to apply:
Visits to the school, led by the Chair of Governors, are warmly welcomed at 1.30pm and 4pm on 8 or 15 February 2019. If you would like to come along to meet us, please contact the school office by telephone: 0191 5283058.
Application packs are available to download from NE Jobs or by contacting the HR team at Together for Children (0191 561 7233). Please return completed applications to: email@example.com
• The closing date for applications is noon on the 26th February 2019
• Short listing will be held on 4th March 2019 (eve)
• Interviews will be held on 15th March 2019
If you do not hear anything within 6 weeks of the shortlisting date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
The Governing Board of Broadway Junior School and Sunderland City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The Headteacher is expected to share this commitment and must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants will be subject to appropriate background checks and vetting including an enhanced DBS check and checks against the children’s barred list. At minimum of two references are required prior to the commencement of employment. Additional references may be requested
This job is closed for applications.