Headteacher - Seaburn Dene Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/02/2019 12:00
£53,724 - £62,262
Schools - Teaching
Seaburn Dene Primary School
Together for Children Sunderland, on behalf of:
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
Seaburn Dene Primary School
Tyne and Wear
Tel: 0191 – 563 4100
Acting Headteacher: John Howe
Applications are invited for the position of
Required: 1st September 2019 (or earlier by arrangement)
ISR Group 2, Salary L13 – L19: £53,724 - £62,262 (STCPD 2018)
‘A vibrant and busy school where learning is at the heart of everything we do’
Due to the retirement of our Headteacher we are looking to appoint an inspirational, innovative and motivated leader, who will continue to take the school forward with vision and passion. Governors, staff and pupils are looking for someone who –
• has recent successful, strategic leadership and management experience in the primary sector;
• upholds high standards of behaviour and academic attainment;
• will persevere to ensure that all children are given the opportunity to achieve to the best of their ability and provide them with a well-rounded education;
• Is willing to continue our outstanding work, yet be unafraid to pursue new goals to always improve and better the school;
• will engage effectively, communicate well, build upon and develop positive relationships with children, staff, families and the wider community.
We can offer you:
• pupils who are very articulate, proud of their achievements and eager to learn;
• a caring, talented and experienced team of passionate staff;
• involved governors, who are proud of their school and offer challenge and support in equal measure;
• enthusiastic and supportive parents and wider community;
How to apply:
Visits to the school, led by the Chair of Governors, are warmly welcomed at 1.30pm and 4pm on 6 or 14 February 2019. If you would like to come along to meet us, please contact the school business manager, Mrs L. Halliday by telephone: 0191 5634100.
Application packs are available to download from NE Jobs or by contacting the HR team at Together for Children (0191 561 7233). Please return completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The closing date for applications is noon on the 26th February 2019
• Short listing will be held on 8th March 2019
• Interviews will be held on 22nd March 2019
If you do not hear anything within 6 weeks of the shortlisting date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
The Governing Board of Seaburn Dene Primary School and Sunderland City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This job is closed for applications.