Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/06/2018 23:59
£22,401 – £25,463 pro rata
Schools - Support
St Andrew’s Primary School
Required for September 2018. Term time only plus 2 weeks.
Due to increasing numbers in Early Years for the academic year 2018-2019, St. Andrew's Primary School is seeking a highly skilled and motivated HLTA to work alongside an ambitious Early Years team, to plan for, deliver and assess a Nursery cohort within an Early Years unit.
The successful candidate will work, under the guidance of the Early Years Lead, within the mixed age Reception and Nursery Unit to compliment and support the existing Early Years teacher.
The successful candidate must:
• Have an HLTA qualification
• Be experienced in planning, delivering and assessing the Early Years curriculum
• Have an excellent track record of working in a team
• Have a fun and positive outlook
• Be creative and ambitious, yet patient and calm
• Have an excellent track record of behaviour management
• Be aware of safeguarding expectations and policies
Duties and responsibilities
• To collaboratively plan and prepare lessons and resources for the Nursery cohort - of which PPA time will be provided
• To deliver whole class lessons
• To provide a rich and accessible learning environment for the children
• To attend regular planning and assessment meetings with the Early years team
• Provide links with and communicate effectively with parents
• To contribute to the wider school
The closing date for applications is 21st June 2018 . Applications will then be shortlisted on 22nd June 2018 and interviews will be held on 28th June 2018.
An application form and further information has been attached to this webpage. Please download and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to the school address St Andrew’s Primary School, St Andrew’s Road, Bishop Auckland, DL14 6RY. Please ensure you demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria for the job post.
The Governors are committed to safeguarding and safe recruitment, and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check; completion of a Disqualification by Association declaration form in accordance with the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009; receipt of satisfactory supporting references; evidence of essential qualifications; a pre-employment Health Check and evidence of the Right to Work in the UK.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This post is not open to job share.
St Andrew’s Primary School
St Andrew’s Road,
Telephone: 01388 605385
This job is closed for applications.