Key Stage 1 (KS1) Teaching Assistant
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2020 23:59
£293.10 - £350 per week
Schools - Support
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the North Tyneside area. This is a fixed term supply Teaching Assistant (TA) role, which will commence in January 2021.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative Key Stage 1 (KS1) team, the appointed Teaching Assistant (TA) will focus on delivering whole class support in Year 1 and 2 and also intervention based support to small groups of Key Stage 1 (KS1) pupils, this would also include delivering Read, Write Inc. interventions. The successful Key Stage 1 (KS1) will have good knowledge of the curriculum and will be able to build solid relationships with the pupils. This would be a full time Teaching Assistant (TA) post, working 08:30 – 15:30, Monday to Friday.
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are minimum of a Level 2 childcare (or equivalent) qualification and experience of supporting children in a primary school setting.
This smaller than average sized primary school is looking for a committed and successful Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (TA) to join their motivated team. Within this primary school behaviour is seen to be good. Pupils play and learn well together, helping one another to behave well and feel very safe in school. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
To be considered for the Key Stage 1 Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will:-
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a Key Stage 1 environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Ideally have experience delivering Key Stage 1 interventions, including Read, Write INC.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer:
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:-
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply:
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today to firstname.lastname@example.org by submitting a CV or an email with your contact details expressing your interest. For other roles in the area, or for questions regarding this one, please call 0191 267 455 to speak to a member of the Primary Education Team in the Newcastle Branch.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
This job is closed for applications.