Learning Support Assistant
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/09/2021 11:59
£18,562 - £18,993 FTE (Actual £13,940 - £14,264)
Schools - Support
Walkergate Community School
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
Our school motto is together we make a difference. At Walkergate Community School we are lucky enough to have a passionate workforce who all care for and respect the fantastic children of our school. As a research school, we are dedicated to school improvement and we all aim to provide a happy, safe and fun school environment for the children and our staff too.
We are seeking to appoint a vibrant and hardworking Support Assistant who is flexible and willing to provide classroom support under the direction of the teacher, to support the learning and personal development of all our children.
We are looking for a Support Assistant who can inspire and who has:
• Knowledge of the primary curriculum
• Learning Assistant level 2 qualification or equivalent
• Motivation to work with children and young people
• Emotional resilience when working with challenging behaviours
In return we offer:
• A positive and caring ethos.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
• A commitment to continuing professional development
• The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust
• The opportunity to work extra hours to support our before and after school activities
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive in a collegiate and positive atmosphere, then please read the accompanying person specification and job description and return a completed application form, criminal records declaration form and equalities monitoring form by e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on 29th September 2021.
Walkergate Community Primary School is committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This job is closed for applications.