Level 2 Teaching Assistant- Bishopton PRU
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/02/2019 23:59
£16,060.50 - £16,726.22 per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week, TTO + 5 days
Schools - Support
After receiving a grade of Good across all categories by Ofsted in June 2017, we are now on an exciting journey to becoming an outstanding school with a clear strategic vision moving forward. To complement our vision we wish to appoint Level 2 Teaching Assistant who will be responsible for supporting pupils, teaching staff and the school. The post holder will be proactive and positive in ensuring that the pupils access learning, remain engaged and can manage their behaviour. Bishopton PRU also recently became an Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence.
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a complex PRU of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. It takes pupils from Key Stage 2, 3 & 4 from the whole of Stockton authority. The PRU comprises of two separate sites, who work together as one single PRU. We take referrals from 60 primary schools and 13 secondary schools and are commissioned by the Local Authority to take 70 permanently excluded pupils. The PRU also provides outreach and in-school partnership placements for pupils who for various reasons are not in mainstream education. Bishopton PRU is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of supporting pupils with a wide range of SEMH
- Be able to demonstrate experience of supporting the delivery of a personalised curriculum.
- Support teachers in the assessment of pupil progress
- Demonstrate knowledge of pupil's developmental needs.
- Be a consistently good practitioner.
- Be committed, flexible and able to motivate students of all abilities.
- Be passionate about developing the whole child.
- Have high expectations of pupils.
- To undertake the professional duties outlined above by having regard to Teaching Assistant Standards.
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face.
You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
Interview date: Week commencing the 25th February 2019
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Head teacher) for an informal chat or to organise a visit. An application pack can be obtained from Mary Denham via email; firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications should be returned by 12 noon on the closing date.
This job is closed for applications.