Nursery Teaching Assistant (Level 3) - Lowick First School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/11/2018 12:00
£13,142 - £14,306
Schools - Support
Lowick First School
Are you passionate about Early Years education?
Lowick First School is looking for an enthusiastic person to work in our school nursery. We need someone with an appropriate and accredited Early Years qualification to at least level 3.
We currently take three and four year olds. (We also take ‘rising 3s’ which mean children can start in the term they turn 3). The nursery building is on the school site and has access to our extensive grounds. It does have its own dedicated outdoor area which we would like to develop further into an outstanding learning area.
This is an exciting time for us as we are expanding our current 15 hour offer to 30 hours as well as extended provision before and after school.
Our expectations of the post:
- To support the nursery teacher in the day to day working of the nursery
and where appropriate to work with the First School staff and children in
the main school.
- Provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for the children.
- To work collaboratively with a caring and friendly team - currently our
children benefit greatly from working together with first school children at
certain points in the week.
- To build links and work in close partnership with current and prospective
parents, carers and professionals to promote the well - being of the
- To support the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage in partnership
with the first school.
- To follow and support the policies, procedures and practices within the
Nursery, including all relevant legislation.
- To support and further our values, in particular the Christian ethos that
comes with being a church school.
- To work flexibly, including with some time spent in the main school as well
as in the Nursery area.
Tasks and responsibilities to include:
- To support the day to day operation of the nursery to ensure that high
standards are developed and maintained throughout.
- Keep up to date in your knowledge of legislation, guidelines and policies to
ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare
Requirements are met at all times.
- Support staff in the development and delivery of high quality planning,
observation and assessment procedures to ensure appropriate, engaging
and exciting provision
- Ensure that appropriate records and administration systems are maintained
to ensure confidentiality of information.
- To act as an ambassador for the nursery and maintain a positive image of
its aims and objectives, undertaking a key role in promotion and
development of the nursery.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and planning and development
- To celebrate diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and
religion to benefit the education of the children.
- Take an active and knowledgeable part in delivering the EYFS curriculum
and maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- To ensure that a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness is
present throughout the nursery.
Qualifications, training and experience:
- A relevant Early Years Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- Experienced in (and passionate about) working with young children.
- An in-depth knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children, especially as it relates to Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare.
- Able to communicate effectively and to build positive relationships,
including with the wider community
- Paediatric First Aid qualification or a willingness to gain one within three
months of starting work
- Sound knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage through prior work
- Experience in tracking progress and assessing accurately within the Early
- Interest and/or experience in outdoor learning – we have great grounds
and we like to make use of them
- It would be an advantage if you are able to be flexible with your working
We are looking for someone who is willing, has initiative, and is enthusiastic and excited about working with Early Years age children. We would also like someone with lots of common sense!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post.
An application pack, including an application form, is available to download below.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail, no later than midday on 7th November. Interviews will be held on 12th November 2018.
School Name: Lowick and Holy Island C of E First Schools
Full address: 30 Main Street, Berwick Upon Tweed
Postcode: TD15 2UA
Tel.: 01289 388268
Website address: www.lowickholyislandschools.org.uk
This job is closed for applications.