One to One Home Tuition Tutor
Casual / Seasonal / Bank / Permanently Variable hours
As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/03/2019 23:59
£18.75 - £27.67 per hour
Schools - Teaching
After receiving a grade of Good across all categories, by Ofsted in June 2017, we are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school with a clear strategic vision for moving forward. Bishopton PRU also recently became an Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence.
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a complex PRU of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. It takes pupils from Key Stage 2, 3 & 4 from the whole of Stockton authority. The PRU comprises of two separate sites, who work together as one single PRU. We take referrals from 60 primary schools and 13 secondary schools and are commissioned by the Local Authority to take 70 permanently excluded pupils. The PRU also provides outreach and in-school partnership placements for pupils who for various reasons are not in mainstream education. Bishopton PRU is committed to providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for all pupils.
Home and Community Tuition is a key part of our offer – delivering 121 tuition to pupils from KS2 to KS2 in all areas of the curriculum. It is within this team that the position is based.
The successful candidate will:
• Work within the home tuition team delivering one to one tuition to pupils across the Borough in Homes and Community venues
• Be a qualified teacher with experience of teaching English, Maths or Science under the new specifications
• Plan, deliver and mark personalised learning packages based on each pupils needs
• Operate relevant ICT packages such as CPOMs and SIMs
• Have experience of supporting pupils with a wide range of SEMH
• Be able to demonstrate experience of delivering a personalised curriculum
• Demonstrate knowledge of pupil’s developmental needs
• Be a consistently good practitioner
• Be committed, flexible and able to motivate students of all abilities
• Be passionate about developing the whole child
• Have high expectations of pupils
• Have experience of one to one working
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to support vulnerable children and their families.
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more, please contact Kate Dumain (Home Tuition Lead) on 01642 565130 for an informal chat or to organise a visit. An application pack can be obtained from Mary Denham via email; email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.