Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/10/2018 12:00
£39,961.00 - £41,846.00
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
“This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.”
The post on offer is based at the centre of the council in the Resources Directorate which has key responsibility for managing the Council’s money and people as well as ensuring that democratic decisions are well informed and legally sound.
This opportunity is for a suitably qualified and experienced person to lead and manage the Operations Team in the day-to-day management of the Council’s properties including, resource/works management (including cyclical maintenance, repairs and maintenance and planned maintenance activities), buildings management (ensuring our properties are H&S compliant & fit for purpose), commercial services (planned maintenance projects, procurement and implementation).
You will also be expected to provide professional advice and guidance on the management of the Council’s properties, recommending actions for change within your remit to the properties to ensure available property resources are used effectively and efficiently to deliver services and corporate objectives.
The role will be expected to also:
• Take a lead role in supporting the Property Manager in contributing to the formulation and delivery of strategic policy and plans to help deliver the Council’s building related requirements, in line with priorities to ensure it remains focussed on the delivery of cost-effective service outcomes which are measured as excellent.
• Manage the delivery of coordinated services in regard to Operations Management including across the team.
• To ensure service organisation planning, monitoring and review is consistent with corporate framework and drives improvements in the quality, efficiency, and service standards.
• Have responsibility for, and develop delivery plans for, a suite of performance indicators for your service area to ensure that they achieve the performance standards set out in community, corporate and service delivery plans.
• Develop and deliver the Council’s 20-year Capital Maintenance programme using data gather by the team from survey’s and regular inspections of the properties.
• To support all directorates and other customers in identifying and delivering Capital projects relating to properties and their ongoing revenue requirements.
• To ensure that all projects are procured and managed in line with the Council Procurement rules and regulations.
• To ensure that all council operational and non-operational properties remain safe and fit for purpose and comply with relevant Health & Safety legislation this includes: cyclical maintenance programmes, repairs and property inspections.
• To ensure that Service Level Agreements provided by the Operations Teams are delivered in line with client service expectations.
• To be responsible for a very large budget, ensuring that the service’s budget planning, expenditure and monitoring is in accordance with the Council’s standards and that financial resources are used to achieve and maximise high-quality, effective and efficient services and provide value for money and continuous improvement
The council is an accredited Investors in People employer at gold level and holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
This job is closed for applications.