Operations Manager, Families First
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£47,386 - £50,977
Social Care - Children Service
An approved location, however you may be required to work at any council workplace within County Durham.
Childrens Social Care, Children and Families North, Families First
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/19/220
Operations Manager – full time and permanent
Salary: £47,386 - £50,977 (Grade 16)
We are seeking to fill the post of Families First Operations Manager. The successful candidate will have operational responsibility for five Families First teams which are in Easington, Peterlee, Seaham, Durham Central and the Pre-birth team. The post holder will also support the Strategic Manager with the delivery of service strategic prioritises for Children’s Social Care as required.
The post holder is responsible for providing clear guidance and leadership to team managers to ensure a high quality service. Responsibilities also include achieving and maintaining a high standard of social work practice, effective multi-agency working, delivering objectives as outlined in team and service delivery plans, as well as ensuring good outcomes for children and their families. The role will involve ensuring that the Families First teams achieve the strategic priorities of Children’s Services.
The Families First teams work with our most vulnerable children, young people and families and your expertise in providing supportive managerial leadership to team managers will be essential to ensure that the teams can offer families a high quality service, keeping children safe and enabling them to thrive. Our children and young people tell us that they want you to:
• Be committed
• Be approachable and easy to talk to
• Listen and make changes
• Be open minded
• Be open, honest and trustworthy
• Keep in touch
• Give reliable feedback
• Be flexible
• Show respect
• Be organised
You can read more in the attached document.
Our Families First teams are statutory teams responsible for children and young people from the point of referral to the point of permanence. The teams are responsible for assessing risk, implementing care plans for children and young people deemed to be in need of Level 4 Services on the Durham Staircase of Need, completing single assessments, working with children on a Child in Need basis, undertaking Child Protection Work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law.
The following principles will guide your work:
• Ensuring the Child’s journey and their voice remains central.
• Providing help at the earliest opportunity.
• Supporting and promoting community resilience through the provision of locally delivered services in local communities which make sense to families.
• Delivering evidence based interventions with a focus on safe escalation and de-escalation of cases.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you want to broaden your experience as a social worker or step into management.
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career.
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which takes pride in, and actively celebrates social work.
Removal, lodging and separation expenses may be available to the successful candidate if at the time of application for appointment their place of residence is outside the administrative area of County Durham and in excess of 30 miles in a straight line from their new administrative centre, along with a number of other criteria for eligibility.
If you would like more information about the post please contact Andrea Houlahan, Strategic Manager on 03000 263991.
It is anticipated that a children's panel and interview will be held on Friday 9th August 2019.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note: this post is not open to job share.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.