Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 16/11/2018 23:59
£20,541 - £23,111 pro rata
Hours per week:
43 hrs per week during term time.
Schools - Support
Required as soon as DBS clearance is received.
Positive and aspirational? Looking for an exciting challenge? Ready to make a real difference to the lives of challenging KS4 students?
• Keen to offer support to challenging students in re-engaging them in education?
• Able to develop positive relationships with students and support their emotional wellbeing?
• Ambitious to make a difference in the lives of the young people we serve?
• A contributor with a ‘can do, will do’ attitude?
Why should you come to PACC?
• A well-resourced learning centre
• Scope to innovate
• Opportunities to take initiative
• Focus on raising standards for all, with a commitment to achieving outstanding outcomes
• A supportive and dedicated community of staff and governors
• Opportunities for professional development
The person we are seeking will have:
• A commitment to raising aspiration and achievement of SEMH students.
• Excellent working relationships with students and staff
• Drive, enthusiasm, resilience, compassion and warmth
• Confidence in being able to support literacy and numeracy development with KS4 students
• An ability to ‘connect’ with disaffected students and develop life skills
PACC (Personalised Alternative Curriculum Centre) is an alternative education programme, based at Aykley Heads in Durham City, for up to 20 key stage 4 students, all with severe and complex social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
PACC is commissioned by Durham Local Authority and is managed by Windlestone School. PACC offers a personalised learning programme aiming to address each learner’s literacy and numeracy needs and more holistic SEMH needs. All students access a dynamic curriculum, supporting academic and vocational progress and personal and social development.
To further improve the outcomes for PACC learners we are looking for a highly motivated Learning Mentor. We would welcome you for a visit to PACC or for an informal discussion.
Please apply for this position by completing an application form and a letter outlining your experience and suitability for the post.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required’
Essential Qualifications: Minimum level 3 qualification in a related subject and level 2 Literacy and Numeracy Qualifications
Closing date: 16.11.18
Interview date: 29.11.18
Contact for application packs: email@example.com
Contact for information about the post: Andrea Davies, Assistant Headteacher PACC, tel: 01913757319/01388720337
NOTE: All School Posts are subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Telephone: 01388 720337
Name of contact at school: Lynn Laird
Current working hours – Mon - Thurs 8.15-16.53, Fri 8.15-16.00
This job is closed for applications.