Please See Advert Text
As and when required
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/02/2019 23:59
Please see advert text
Social Care - Children Service
SUNDERLAND FOSTERING PANELS
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people in care? Do you have experience as a foster panel member or are willing to learn the role?
Together for Children Sunderland are seeking members of the Fostering Panel with a background in Health, Social Care or Education as well as people with experience in the foster care sector either as a Foster Carer or a person who has experience of being in foster care.
You would be expected
• To prepare for Panel meetings by reading the circulated reports carefully before the meeting to consider the cases being presented to the Fostering Panel and to attend the meeting prepared to raise key issues and to contribute to the Panel discussion.
• To take responsibility for participating in the making of a well evidenced recommendation, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience.
• To attend meetings of the Panel as specified in your agreement with the agency, this will either be as a full Panel member or a member of the Central list.
• To be prepared to attend additional Panels if requested.
• To participate, with other Panel members, in advising on policy and procedural matters as required, to support Together for Children to continue to promote the high standards of work within the Fostering Service.
• To ensure that all those attending Panel are treated with respect and courtesy.
• To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice at all times.
• To safeguard the confidentiality of all Panel reports and Panel discussions. Together for Children promote a paperless Fostering Panel and as such Panel members require basic IT skills to access the reports via a tablet.
• To safeguard the confidentiality and safe storage of the tablet provided by Together for Children to access Panel reports.
• To participate in Panel induction and in Panel training, which will be at least one day per year.
• To participate constructively in the annual review of the Panel, as required by the agency.
Remuneration: Expenses payment of £120 per full days Panel attended, or £60 for a half day attendance (half day being 3.5 hours, 6.5 hours and over being a full day and anything in between being calculated on a pro rota basis). The payment will cover all childcare and other costs associated with Panel preparation and attendance. Reasonable transport costs are reimbursed by agreement with the Panel Advisor, but should not exceed 30 miles each way.
Frequency- Panel is held twice a month on a Monday. Panel members are invited to attend at least once a month, where applicable there is the option to be considered to attend two panels a month. There is an expectation for Panel members to attend a minimum of 75% of the meetings they have been invited to in a year. Together for Children also have availability for Panel members to join their Central list, these members attend less frequently and can be called upon for specific cases relating to their expertise.
Interview Dates are expected to be on 4th & 25th February
This job is closed for applications.