Pastoral Support Worker & Extended Services Lead
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£29,577 - £32,910 per annum (Actual - £23,308- £26,935 per annum)
Hours per week:
35 hours per week
Schools - Support
Benton Park Primary School, Corchester Walk, Newcastle upon Tyne NE7 7SS
This is a Foundation School which is part of a Trust; the employer will be the Governing Body of the School.
Benton Park Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
35 hours per week, term time only. Fixed Term until May 2022 with a view to be made permanent.
Required May 2021.
Judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in 2015, we continue to work hard together as a staff team to improve results and ensure our pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their lives.
We are looking to recruit someone who:
Pastoral Support Worker:
• Will work with other members of the Pastoral Team to process and prioritise referrals; identifying appropriate support.
• Will work with identified children, showing signs of emotional distress and behavioural difficulties, to help them fully participate in school life.
• Will monitor progress and impact of interventions, reporting back on outcomes to the Pastoral Team.
• Will attend and contribute, where relevant, to review meetings linked to intervention and support provided.
• Contribute to policy review and updates.
• Will work as part of the Pastoral Team to help maintain a healthy, safe, secure environment in accordance with school’s policies and procedures.
• Will work in partnership with school staff and parents to enable consistency of approach to well-being, both at home and at school.
• Will work as part of the Pastoral Leadership Team e.g. referrals, strategies & implementation.
• Will liaise with wider professional bodies and services as and where necessary
• Will undertake & disseminate training that will further the aims of the school in relation to nurture & wellbeing.
Extended Services Lead:
• Develop an effective programme of activities ensuring appropriate equipment, facilities and services are available.
• Supervise the work of Breakfast & After School Club staff (3pm – 5.30pm Monday – Friday).
• Manage the undertaking of activities with pupils that promote the development of intellectual, moral, spiritual and social skills.
• Respond to the practical needs of the children where there is an identified special need.
• Provide general care and welfare by responding appropriately to the social, emotional & physical needs of the pupils.
• Assist in the control of income and expenditure for the Breakfast/ After School Club ensuring relevant records are maintained.
• To monitor and review the professional development & training for all Breakfast/ After School Club staff.
• Act as a ‘Designated Person’ for extended services.
• Oversee ordering of food provisions and resources as required.
In return we can offer you:
-the chance to work in an inclusive school with happy, well behaved children who enjoy learning
-opportunities for high quality ongoing professional learning and development
-the support of our dedicated staff team and governors
-established positive relationships with parents and the local community
Interested in applying?
A completed application form and safer recruitment form must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Monday 19th April 2021 at 3pm
Shortlisting: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Selection Day: Thursday 29th April 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment of the successful candidate will depend upon a satisfactory enhanced criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and other recruitment and vetting checks.
Please contact the school office on 0191 266 5122 if you would like further information.