Policy and Research Analyst
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/01/2019 17:00
£23,866 - £25,463
Service Headquarters, Nissan Way, Barmston Mere, Sunderland, SR5 3QY
Strategically and politically aware, you will provide policy, research and analytical support to key members of the Service and our stakeholders. You will have the ability to effectively develop, monitor, promote and influence policies and strategic plans and to grow and maintain the Service’s credibility and reputation with key external influencers. You will actively contribute to the Service’s vision of ‘Creating the Safest Community’.
The Service values and respects the diversity of its employees, and aims to recruit a workforce that represents the communities we serve. We welcome applications irrespective of people’s race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity.
As a valued member of the Policy and Engagement Team, the post holder will:
• Develop, promote and influence policy for the Service including, identifying and briefing senior managers on emerging strategic issues and to identify appropriate action owners and follow up responses.
• Provide background analysis and summaries of national strategic developments including legislative change, policy development, government consultations and national publications, draft responses and monitor outcomes.
• Provide support, advice, research and analysis to the Head of Policy and Engagement and the wider Senior Management Team.
• Provide and deliver specialist policy advice on fire service related legislation, policy, publications and undertake consultation exercises both internally and externally.
• Detailed knowledge of the legislative and parliamentary processes.
• The ability to assimilate and understand complex issues quickly considering the wider political landscape.
• Detailed knowledge of fire service regulations, fire service reform and other policy matters.
• The ability to interpret legislation, regulations, complex written information and political issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and numeracy skills as well as the ability to tailor your approach, clarify messages and activities and persevere when needed.
• The ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders.
• Proven ability to work well in a team.
This job is closed for applications.