Quick Job Search
Select a job category
Select a date period
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text

Private Rented Housing Officer

Organisation Logo

Job Summary

Contract Type:
Fixed Term
Working Pattern:
Full time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 02/05/2018 23:59
Grade H-J - £27,668 - £35,444
Hours per week:
Job Category:
Vacancy ID:
Employment Location:
The Civic Centre
Post Number:

Job details 

Closing date:
2 May

Supporting documents

Please note

This job is closed for applications.

Further information

Gateshead Council is seeking to appoint either an Environmental Health Officer or a Private Rented Housing Officer to join the Private Sector Housing Team. The Team works across a broad range of housing related issues including housing standards, noise and anti social behaviour, public health nuisances and landlord licensing to improve conditions in the private housing sector.

You will work specifically on preventing the homelessness that results from poor property and tenancy management practices within the private rented sector. The role will include providing advice and support to landlords and tenants about tenancy related matters, including disputes about standards, affordability of rent, or behaviour that is causing the tenant to beat risk of becoming homeless. You will carry out proactive and responsive housing investigations and inspections and use the Housing Health and Safety Rating System to inform enforcement decisions, take enforcement action, and support those affected by poor housing conditions or landlord and tenant disputes in conjunction with other services and agencies.

You will have well-developed planning, organisational, investigation, analytical and customer service skills, and a Level 6 qualification such as a degree or Level 6 Diploma. You will have knowledge of current and emerging private sector housing related legislation, the technical aspects of enforcement and knowledge of the law relating to private rented tenancies. You will have experience of property inspection and of working with landlords and tenants to resolve disputes and to help tenants to maintain their tenancies. You must also be computer literate and have experience of designing, managing, leading and improving systems of work.

You will have a current driving licence or means to mobility support.

Back to top