Programme Leads (2 posts)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/04/2018 23:59
£49,068 - £50,806 per annum
Newcastle City Centre
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
• Energy Programme Lead
• Digital Programme Lead
The North East LEP leads on the development and delivery of the North East Strategic Economic Plan, aiming to support economic and employment growth across the region through innovation, business growth, skills and infrastructure delivery in our key areas of economic opportunity.
We seek a high calibre Programme Leads to work with our partners to take forward our Energy and Digital programmes. You will work with representatives from industry, with business networks and research and education organisations of national and international standing, and with other economic partners, to strengthen the profile and clearly articulate North East assets and capabilities regionally, nationally and internationally. You will develop approaches to address their opportunities and challenges in the region, and define and secure investment into a pipeline of projects.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate up to date knowledge of their Programme area developed from current or recent experience in business or economic development work, and a good understanding of future directions and business drivers within the industry. You will have strong presentation skills, the capacity to network and exert influence at senior levels in public and private sectors, an ability to spot opportunities and experience of creating business cases for investment.
The post may be suitable for a secondment or consultancy arrangement.
Energy Programme Lead
The North East energy community is strong and well established and includes:
• A UK leading cluster of companies working in offshore energy sectors including oil and gas and offshore renewables.
• Internationally recognised capabilities in offshore and subsea technologies including innovative businesses, the Offshore Renewables Catapult Test Centre and a number of University research facilities.
• Growing capabilities and portfolio in local energy generation in local authority and business led projects.
• Leading science and research in our Universities of national and international standing including the base for the National Centre for Energy Systems Integration.
• The base for key UK business networks.
With partners, you will co-ordinate and facilitate the LEP’s energy programme including taking forward the next stage of our energy strategy working across all of our energy capabilities. A particular focus will be to Project Manager the BEIS sponsored local energy programme working with the other LEP’s in the North East Local Energy Hub.
This role is offered initially for two years.
Digital Programme Lead
The North East digital and tech community is growing rapidly and includes:
• an established and growing cluster of software and digital businesses with a number of specialisms.
• leading science and research in our Universities of national and international standing.
• a number of innovation hubs and facilities, key business networks and the presence of key national agencies including Digital and Satellite Application Catapult Centres.
The North East has a significant opportunity to accelerate the growth and development of the digital and tech sector by both supporting growth of digital businesses and mainstreaming digital applications across the North East economy, for example through Industrial Digitisation and the strengthening of smart data and smart region strategies. With partners, you will strengthen the profile and support for the digital and tech community, working to secure investment and address opportunities and challenges in areas including innovation and skills.
This role is offered initially for three years.
To apply click on the link 'Apply Here'
Interviews are expected to take place on Monday 23 April.
This job is closed for applications.