The governors of Otterburn First School and West Woodburn First School are looking for an enthusiastic SENCO who has a real passion for education. This unique role, working across two small rural schools, requires a person who understands how to provide rich, creative and stimulating opportunities for our pupils within the first school age range. You must have high expectations of children's achievements and behaviour and be committed to raising standards.
We would like you to:
· Have the accredited SENCO qualification.
· Bring enthusiasm, knowledge and expertise in SEN
· Have resilience and resourcefulness to help develop and co-ordinate SEN provision,
· Build positive relationships with pupils, parents, carers and staff
· Have an excellent awareness of how young children learn and progress, particularly those vulnerable to underachievement.
· Monitor and evaluate the impact of SEN and Pupil Premium provision, including rigorous data analysis.
This post is a temporary one year contract until April 2018.
· 0.2 fte
* Salary MPS
* Start date: As soon as possible
* Closing date for applications is 12:00pm on 28 March 2017
* Interviews will be held on Wednesday 5 April 2017.
If you think we might be the right school for you we strongly encourage you to pay us a visit before applying. Call us on 01830 520830 to arrange to visit.
Otterburn First School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Applications are available from this advert and should be returned via email or post to school marked ‘private and confidential’ to Mrs T Henderson.