Skip to content
View All Jobs
Advanced Job Search
Association of North East Councils
Cleveland Fire Brigade
Coast & Country Housing
County Durham Housing Group
Darlington Borough Council
Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
Durham County Council
First Class Supply & Training
Hartlepool Borough Council
Middlesbrough Schools & Academies
NECA - North East Combined Authority
New College Durham
Newcastle City Council
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
North East Regional Employers Organisation
North Tyneside Council
Northumberland County Council
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South Tyneside Council
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Sunderland Care and Support
Sunderland City Council
Tees Valley Combined Authority
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Your Homes Newcastle
How to use this website
The recruitment process
How to apply
Hints & tips
Frequently asked questions
About this site
Our Talent pool
Eligibility to Work
Quick Job Search
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Arts / Tourism
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
Catering / Cleaning
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Environmental Health / Trading Standards
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Executive / Managerial
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Fire and Rescue (On Call)
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
Fire and Rescue (Wholetime)
Health and Safety
HR / Training
Manual / Trades / Transport
Marketing / Media / Communications
Planning / Building Control
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Schools - Support
Schools - Teaching
Social Care - Adult Service
Social Care - Children Service
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Select a job category
Previous 24 hours
Select a date period
Up to £10,000
£10,001 to £20,000
£20,001 to £30,000
£30,001 to £40,000
£40,001 to £50,000
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text
Advanced Job Search
You are here:
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
MPS-UPS + TLR2a
Schools - Teaching
SENDCo Job Description KW.pdf
SENDCo Person Specification KW.pdf
Candidate letter - teacher March 2017.pdf
Long App Form-Schools January 2014.pdf
Ayresome Primary School
Tel: 01642 244961
Head Teacher: Ms L F Biggin
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR2a
Hours: Full Time
Contractual status: Permanent
Required for September 2017
Are you up for a new and exciting challenge? Do you want to make a difference to children’s lives? We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Special Needs and Disabilities Leader who is able to build on the provision for children with SEND.
You should have the desire and determination to work within challenging circumstances. The position offers a fantastic opportunity to be involved in developing the school’s vision and working within a high performing inclusion team.
The successful candidate will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and will be expected to contribute to furthering the school development improvement in particular to standards, progress, attainment and achievement.
The successful candidate will have:
• Resilience to making the difficult decisions and an emotionally literate professional.
• The ability to offer a supportive yet challenging partnership with colleagues, through robust evaluation procedures.
• The ability to lead, manage, motivate and inspire children and staff, with flair and sensitivity.
• A clear understanding of the importance of inclusion in order to ensure that all children reach their true potential and
• Sound and strategic thinking which will be used creatively within your team to motivate, develop and inspire.
• A strong and determined commitment to sustained improvement in teaching and learning in order to raise quality
and standards for all.
• High expectations of children’s learning and behaviour.
• A commitment to raising standards through assessment, pupil tracking and provision mapping within a vibrant and
exciting SEND curriculum.
• Proven and excellent experience in EYFS/KS1.
• Experience of working with external agencies and providers.
We can offer:
• A school determined to be outstanding and to fully support staff through continuous professional
• A multi-cultural school which holds inclusion at the core of its ethos and drive for school improvement.
• A school committed to the development of high quality learning and inclusion.
• A school passionate about outcomes for our community.
• A school with a strategic Governing Body who support, challenge and passionately believe in school improvement.
• A school where children are eager and willing to learn.
If you feel you have what it takes to work in our wonderful school, please complete an application form and return to Jan Holder either in hard copy or via email to
Visits to the school are most welcome and warmly encouraged. For an informal discussion please contact the Headteacher's PA, Karen Waterhouse on 01642 244961, Option 3 and ask to speak to the Headteacher, Ms Lisa F Biggin.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer Recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
5th May 2017
Shortlisting: week beginning 8th May 2017
Interview: week beginning 15th May 2017
Back to top
Terms and Conditions