SEND Teachers - Ash Trees Academy
Please See Advert Text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Teaching
Together we build brighter futures for our young people with special educational needs.
The Ascent Academies’ Trust was founded in 2012 and is a family of four special academies in the North East of England, over three different local authorities. We are a collaborative group of academies who work closely with one another in order to achieve the best outcomes for our young people. As a result, our academies have improved year on year and all academies are currently at least Good from an Ofsted rating, with some individual areas rated Outstanding. This is an exciting time to join our Trust as we look to set out our next steps in creating brilliant schools.
We are looking to recruit flexible, adaptable and skilled teachers of pupils with SEND to join our dedicated team of teachers and support staff here at Ash Trees. Successful applicants should be passionate about working in a SEND environment with the best interests of our wonderful children being their biggest motivator! Candidates should be hard-working and creative, with an ability to accept and manage change in a positive manner. At Ash Trees we believe in growing and nurturing talent, therefore any ECTs who believe they can fulfil our requirements are more than welcome to apply and will be supported through a bespoke package of induction. Applicants should enjoy a collaborative approach to teaching and be able to form good relationships within highly effective teams. Any teachers interested in the post, should be unafraid of a challenge and should be dedicated to making a genuine difference to the outcomes our pupils achieve.
We are an ethical Trust whose vision and values are aligned to equality and diversity, collaboration and lifelong learning.
Post: SEND Teachers
Scale: MPS/ UPS
Days: Full time
Contract: Permanent and Maternity Cover opportunities available
What we need:
• Outstanding practitioners with obvious professionalism, expertise and enthusiasm
• An organised, digitally competent person, able to formulate and secure school improvement
• A commitment to and a passion for building a brighter future for young people with Special Educational Needs
• Someone who will embrace being part of a family of schools, sharing good practice and collaborating with others across a Trust.
• An enthusiastic and positive approach within the classroom part of the wider school and family of schools
• Commitment to own professional development and to enhance those of others in order that we can respond to the needs of our young people
• Consistently high expectations and aspirations for our young people and yourself
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods of delivering the curriculum
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for all young people in our academies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Complete commitment to the core values of Ascent
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals who love what they do
• Chance to work with our amazing young people and their families
• Excellent career development and progression opportunities
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Opportunity to work across all ages and abilities within the Trust
• Opportunity to work in settings which value multi-disciplinary ways of working
• Access to a range of subject and SEND specific networks, regionally and nationally
• An exciting and extensive commitment to high quality professional development, identified through a strong appraisal process
• A comprehensive wellbeing and support package for staff
These are exceptional opportunities to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of diversity and collaboration, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about these posts please contact Graeme Musson, Head of Ash Trees Academy via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people with Special Needs and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply for these posts, click on apply now and login/create your NEJobs account.
You can view the Job Description and Person Specification for this post in the 'Supporting Documents' section.
Closing Date: Tuesday 1st February 2022 @ 9.00am
Interview dates: Friday 11th February 2022