Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/08/2018 23:59
Grade 6 £20,541 to £23,111 pro rata
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
County Hall, Durham
18.5 hours per week -
Monday : 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
Wednesday : 8.30 am to 1.00 pm
Thursday : 9.30 am to 5.00 pm
Durham County Record Office is seeking a self-motivated Search Room Supervisor, with drive and enthusiasm and the ability to use their initiative, work accurately and be well organised.
The Record Office is responsible for collecting and preserving the archives of County Durham and Darlington and making those archives available to Council Members, Officers and to the general public. You will be part of a small team dedicated to providing a very busy public service.
Duties of the post include:
• supervising archive assistants, ensuring the delivery of a first-class customer service, both face to face and via our enquiry service
• maintaining security of archive collections by ensuring proper rules and procedures for document production and handling are followed
• weekly banking, monitoring card payment system and maintaining accurate records to assist the County Archivist monitor the budget
• managing the County Council deed packet storage and issue system
• updating computerised document location system
• creating and maintaining family history resources on the Record Office website
• managing indexing systems, including coordinating volunteers
• producing documents from strong rooms
• copying documents using a range of equipment, including specialist digitisation equipment
This job is physically demanding and involves working at height and in confined spaces.
You will be well organised and able to demonstrate your ability to work with people of all ages and abilities. You will show that you are familiar with using a variety of IT applications. You will be able to show sensitivity when dealing with confidential enquiries and be able to maintain confidentiality and security.
Applicants should be educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on 31st August 2018.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Liz Bregazzi, County Archivist, 03000 267620.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION REGARDING YOUR APPLICATION FOR THIS POST WILL BE SENT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS THAT YOU HAVE REGISTERED WITH NORTH EAST JOBS, INCLUDING YOUR INVITE TO INTERVIEW IF YOU ARE SHORTLISTED. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR NOTIFICATION FROM DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK AS YOU WILL NOT BE NOTIFIED BY ANY OTHER MEANS. PLEASE ENSURE YOU CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL.
In line with the County Council's Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on 03000 267190/267940 or email hrTAP@durham.gov.uk
This job is closed for applications.