Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 15/05/2022 23:59
£23,484 - £24,920 per annum
Catering / Cleaning
The Dolphin Centre is at the heart of Darlington Town Centre and has been for nearly 40 years! We pride ourselves on our extensive menu in our bistro and market square café which provide a relaxed atmosphere and contemporary eating experience.
We also have our banqueting and events business which is booming; catering from the corporate events right through to weddings and special occasions.
Reporting to the Head Chef and Catering Management, the Second Chef will ensure the smooth running of the catering facilities in the Dolphin Centre, leading all kitchen operations including food preparation, cooking, approving presentation and clean up to agreed standard.
As Second Chef you should have knowledge of catering independently for events and functions and experience of working with both specialist and fresh produce. The Second Chef will be expected to work alongside the Head Chef and Catering Management in the development, planning and implementing Menu’s for daily service, specials and functions.
Our team of Chefs serve food to our very busy Bistro, 16 Horsemarket Café and Under the Sea Soft Play area, they also prepare buffets for the Dolphin Centre, Hippodrome as well other external businesses. In addition to all this our team also cater for high quality functions and events regularly.
The successful candidate will have approximately 3 years previous catering experience and previous experience in a supervisory role.
What's in it for you? Our employee offer includes:
31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase additional Annual Leave (pro-rata for part time working)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car Leasing Scheme
• Access to a wide range of training, learning and development
• Access to free physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• First class health and wellbeing initiatives
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Reduced cost membership for the Dolphin Centre’s Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidized Town Centre parking permits subject to criteria
• Discounted Arriva Travel Pass
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to criteria
Watch our video to view the full range of benefits we offer: https://youtu.be/_wqcdduznKs
For detailed information on this role please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. Also attached is a copy of our Bistro and 16 Horsemarket Menu.
For an informal discussion, please contact the Head Chef, David Glass on 01325 406981.
This job is closed for applications.