Senior Place Management Technician
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/07/2018 12:00
£21,074 - £23,111
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Senior Place Management Technician, Grade 4 (£21,074 - £23,111)
We are hosting a number of sessions on 17 July 2018 at South Hylton House, Sunderland, SR4 0JL.
Given we have had significant interest in these posts we shall be hosting a further Open Day on 23 July 2018 at South Hylton House, Sunderland, SR4 0JL where you can find out more about the service and the available posts as well as brushing up on your interview techniques. To book a place please contact Debbie Rowell on 0191 561 3931.
You will find out more about the Service, the available vacancies as well as guidance on completing your application form and interview skills.
Sunderland City Council has some exciting opportunities within Environmental Services. If you are an enthusiastic, flexible and committed individual who can work individually or as part of a team, and be responsible for the direction and performance of a team to contribute to improving environmental standards in Sunderland in the provision of street cleansing, grounds maintenance, household waste, recycling and trade waste collections and operations, fly-tipping investigation and waste removal then the post of Senior Place Management Technician is for you.
Based within Environmental Services working across the City of Sunderland, to assist with undertaking waste collections, gathering evidence in relation to environmental crime and general maintenance of public open spaces. Carrying out within legislative guidelines and with minimum disruption to members of the public.
As a Senior Place Management Technician your day to day duties may include:
• drive/operate where required a range of specialised cleansing vehicles in the undertaking of waste and recycling collection services, mechanical sweeping, gully servicing and winter services.
• gather evidence in an appropriate manner to facilitate further action in relation to environmental crime and/or anti-social behaviour and then determine appropriate action in relation to how wastes/incidents should be handled following the gathering of evidence and undertake/instigate action
• carrying out customer surveys to assist in the continuous improvement of the location and increase customer satisfaction
• reporting and recording customer requests/enquiries, where appropriate, using information technology
• responding independently to unexpected problems and situations
• responsibility for physical resources, including plant vehicles, machinery, equipment, materials, buildings and their contents, and the supervision of other employees as required
• snow clearing, gritting and chemical control under direction as required
• operate and manoeuvre machinery and vehicles, including correct loading procedures, safely in accordance with manufacturer’s guidance
• servicing of road gullies/cesspits including the use of appropriate ancillary equipment i.e. high pressure hoses, hoists
• interpretation of plans, route maps, route-planning, site preparation and construction including undertaking specific horticultural maintenance procedures for example specialist pruning and topiary
• ground maintenance, setting out and original marking of sports areas, and upkeep of artificial/synthetic pitches
• propagation and nursery care of plants, carpet bedding, management of fine turf facilities, floral decoration and exotic plant care as well as undertaking soft and hard landscaping
• arboriculture inspections and carrying out the necessary work as required
• undertake burial duties/grave-digging duties as required
You will have a relevant driving licence to drive a range of vehicles, ideally up to 26 tonnes GVW.
You will need a polite and professional manner with the public and the ability to work safely within identified timeframes.
You may work on bank/public holidays, and on weekends.
You will work outdoors in all weather conditions. The job is physically demanding.
You will be provided with a uniform and protective clothing.
For an informal discussion, please contact Andrew Old on 0191 561 3951 or David Hardy on 0191 561 4560.
If you wish to apply for more than one post you only need submit one application form but you must mark clearly on your application which post(s) you wish to be considered for. You must ensure you cover all essential requirements for each post you apply for on your application.
Interviews for these posts are scheduled for Monday 20th to Friday 24th August 2018. A further date may be added for interviews for any suitable candidates that may not be available during this week.
Apply on-line via the NE jobs portal or for an application pack to be sent by post please contact Sunderland City Council's Customer Service Centre on 0191 520 5555. For further assistance contact the Org Man & Resourcing Team on 0191 561 1756.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed or via the email or contact details on your paper application as applicable. Please remember to check your junk mail items. You will also be required to complete a basic on line assessment as part of the process.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us within six weeks of the closing date you should assume you have not been shortlisted.
This job is closed for applications.