This post is term time only plus 5 training days. To start in December 2023 or January 2024.
Our school is one of six primary and secondary schools within the NEAT Academy Trust family of schools. At the heart of our trust is the aim to nurture, educate, achieve and transform the lives of all young people within the communities we serve across the North East.
St Hild’s Church of England School is in an exciting phase of its development and has high ambition for its pupils. With a strong Christian ethos, we work effectively across the whole community to improve and enrich the lives of children. We are incredibly proud to be an inclusive school with a higher than average number of children who have additional needs. As a result we prioritise high quality classroom teaching and provide bespoke support where appropriate.
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised and professional Senior Science Technician to take the lead role in the planning and organisation of equipment, policies and procedures within the Science Department. The suitable candidate will also line manage, support and develop other technical staff within the school.
We are looking for a colleague who;
• Has previous experience of working as a Science technician within an educational setting.
• Has knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and how it relates to the Science curriculum.
• Has a Science related qualification preferably at Level 3 or higher.
In return we offer:
• A positive and caring Christian ethos.
• A team of hardworking, dedicated and friendly staff where everyone is valued.
• A commitment to continuing professional development.
• The benefit of working in a highly collaborative multi academy trust.
If you would like to join us and feel you could thrive here, then please read the accompanying job description and person specification and click 'apply now' to complete an online application form no later than midnight on Sunday 15th October 2023.
NEAT Academy Trust are committed to safer recruitment practice and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.