Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/03/2019 23:59
£27,358 - £30,756 Grade 9 pre progression - £32,233 - £36,153 Grade 11 post progression
Hours per week:
various - see advert text
Social Care - Children Service
an approved location, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Children and Young Peoples Services
Looked After & Permanence Service
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/18/405A
Post title: Social Worker x 2 vacancies
1 x full time - permanent
1 x part time (18.5 hours) - permanent
Salary: pro-rata to hours worked where applicable
pre progression - Grade 9 £27,358 - £30,756
post progression - Grade 11 £32,233 - £36,153
Job Location: an approved location, however you may be required to work at any DCC council office.
Social Workers work with children in need, looked after children, unaccompanied asylum seeking children and young parents. Our work focuses on providing stability and opportunities for young people with the aim of improving their outcomes and helping them to reach their potential.
This opportunity will be attractive to social workers who want to:
• Form positive long term relationships with teenage young people as they begin their transition into adulthood
• Undertake planned work, with some requirement to manage unplanned situations
• Work with a wider range of young people
We are looking for social workers who:
• Are able to build effective relationships with teenage young people
• Have excellent organisational skills - able to plan their work well and manage the unexpected
• Have great writing and analytical skills
• Are resilient
• Are able to travel. This is normally limited to County Durham and neighbouring local authority areas but could be a greater distance
In return we offer a supportive team environment, excellent professional development, regular supervision and career progression. You can find out more through our social work careers website http://www.durham.gov.uk/socialwork.
Essential Qualifications :
• Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS)
• Current HCPC Registration
• Successful completion of the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE)
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Wednesday 28 March 2019 with a Young Peoples Panel on Friday 30 March 2019
For further information regarding the posts please contact Lisa Howard on 03000 262254 or via e-mail at email@example.com or Martin Reeves on 03000 260054 or via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the HR Operations & Data Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: hrCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.