Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Social Care - Children Service
"Northumbria House, Cramlington"
If you are looking to grow professionally and further your career in social work, we can offer supportive and pioneering practice where you can make a real difference to the lives of young people within Northumberland.
We are proud to have created an environment where social workers can achieve the outcomes they came into the profession to do and following our recent Ofsted Inspection, we were rated as a Good Authority; resulting in Northumberland Adolescent Services (NAS) being cited as a service that supports young people with well-considered interventions that meet their needs promptly and sensitively.
We are seeking suitably qualified experienced social workers with at least 2 years frontline Social Work experience who are able to deliver consistency, energy and passion to make a difference to children and young people's lives; as we place children and young people at the heart of all we do and aim to provide a quality service to children in care and care leavers to achieve the best possible outcomes for those children, their families and carers.
You will be part of a creative, enthusiastic and dynamic service that is co-located with our 18+ Team, Youth Offending Service, Youth Service, SORTED Substance Misuse Service and the Accommodation Service.
In Northumberland we:
- Have a well embedded practice framework to enable meaningful family focused help. ‘Signs of Safety’ enables us to do this respectfully and in collaboration with all the families, colleagues and organisations we are working with
- Support career pathways for social workers wishing to progress and develop in front line practice as well as specific interests
- Will invest in you in return for your investment in our families and children.
As a Service we can also offer:
- A modern and flexible working environment for our staff within a central location, agile working through the use of google mail and apps; which enables collaborative and streamlined working, strong and visible leadership from Snr Management and the autonomy to do your job
- A competitive salary
- An annual leave entitlement of up to 30 days
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes, including a scheme for booking holidays abroad
- Staff benefits Scheme
This is a full time, permanent position based at Cramlington.
For more information please see the attached job description and for guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend interview please email email@example.com