Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/02/2019 23:59
£17,007 - £17,391 per annum
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
The Council's Street Cleansing Service is seeking a Street Orderly to undertake works across the Borough of Darlington encompassing litter picking, emptying litter bins and general street cleansing duties.
The ability to use appropriate equipment, undertake various manual handling duties and walk long distances is essential. You must also be able to communicate effectively with members of the public and colleagues.
You will be required to work in accordance with an agreed rota, with your working days/hours falling between the hours of 6am to 6pm Monday to Sunday; you must therefore be available to work during these times.
The rewards for working at the Council go beyond the salary you will receive with numerous additional benefits such as:
• 31 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave Payments
• Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services
• Reduced membership to the Dolphin Centre's 'Fit 4 Life' package
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Jill Matthews, Street Cleansing Manager, on 01325 406662.
This job is closed for applications.