Support Assistant, Level 2
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/09/2018 10:00
£17,007 - £17,391 per annum, pro rata (actual salary: £14,328 - £14,652 per annum)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Schools - Support
St Lawrence's RC Primary School, Headlam Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 2JX
St Lawrence's RC Primary School
37 hours per week, term time only plus 3 training days
Fixed term contract for one year
Required as soon as possible
Hours: 8.00am - 4.00pm
The Governors of this popular and rapidly improving Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint an energetic, motivated and committed member of staff to join our friendly and hardworking team. The successful applicant will be based in Key Stage 2.
Candidates show a willingness to fully and actively support and participate in the Catholic ethos and life of the school.
• An ability to manage behaviour well and treat children with kindness, tolerance and respect
• Be able to proactively help teachers with day to day tasks to support learning in the classroom
• Help teachers in developing the classroom environment
• Be able to lead effective interventions and small group work with children
• Be able to establish and maintain excellent professional relationships with children, parents and staff
• Be flexible and adaptable to the needs of the teacher, children and school
• Buy into the strong team ethos in the school and communicate well with other professionals
• Have a strong awareness of the importance of safeguarding in schools
• Be willing to provide support outside of the classroom – e.g. through Educational Visits, Breakfast Club and Educational Visits
• In addition, for the purposes of this role, any experiences of working with children with Special Educational Needs would be beneficial.
Informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the school.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check and a range of other recruitment checks.
Application forms and job descriptions are available from school. Please email: email@example.com or call the school with any expressions of interest. Our admin team will then email you the form or arrange for it to be posted. Forms should be returned to school by the closing date either in person or via email.
Please note that in all cases written references will be taken up and made available to interviewers BEFORE the final selection stage; even if you indicate otherwise.
Closing Date: 28 September 2018 at 10.00am
Shortlisting Date: 1 October 2018
Interview Date: 5 October 2018
This job is closed for applications.