Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/10/2018 23:59
Schools - Support
Required as soon as possible
Salary: £16,903 FTE. Basis: Full time, term time only (actual gross salary £13,130)
Grindon Hall Christian School wish to appoint two committed, enthusiastic and inspirational SEN Teaching Assistants to play an integral part in our school.
As a Christian school you will be expected to support and contribute towards the ethos and strong values of the school. The positions on offer are 1 full time post and 1 that might be suitable for job share or part time work. Both positions involve supporting individual children in class and working mainly in KS1 providing 1:1 support for individual SEND pupils, however at times you may be asked lead small group work with KS2 pupils.
We are looking for someone who is:
• Enthusiastic about this exciting challenge;
• Patient, calm and loves working with children;
• Hardworking, reliable and flexible;
• A role model who has high expectations of the children's learning and behaviour;
• Able to communicate well with others and work well as part of a team;
• Committed to continuing professional development;
• You will need to be creative and have the ability to tailor the work to each child's unique individual needs;
• You will have experience of evaluating and reporting the students’ progress to teachers, parents and health care professionals
In return we will offer:
• A staff team who work well to ensure the best outcomes for pupils;
• Pupils with positive attitudes to learning;
• Parents who are supportive;
• A commitment to your professional development with a range of opportunities to further your career.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Level 3 is highly desirable;
• Previous Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) and Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) experience is desirable;
• ELKLAN and Makaton training is desirable;
• Previous SEN experience within a classroom setting with primary aged children is essential.
THE SCHOOL IS COMMITTED TO SAFER RECRUITMENT, SAFEGUARDING AND PROMOTING THE WELFARE OF CHILDREN AND EXPECTS ALL STAFF AND VOLUNTEERS TO SHARE THIS COMMITMENT. PRE-EMPLOYMENT CHECKS WILL BE UNDERTAKEN BEFORE ANY APPOINTMENT IS CONFIRMED. THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO AN ENHANCED DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK AND A MEDICAL ASSESSMENT
This job is closed for applications.