Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/10/2018 12:00
MPS1 - 6, £23,720 - £35,008
2148 SEN Allowance
Schools - Teaching
Villa Real School
Villa Real School is an all age Special School with pupils with SLD, PMLD and ASC.
The governors are seeking to employ an experienced, dynamic and enthusiastic teacher who has knowledge and enthusiastic teacher who has knowledge of students with a high level of need.
Required from January 2019
Temporary until December 2019
This is a full time post and is not open to job share. Teaching commitment to be negotiated upon interview.
The role includes:
• Support and implement the vision and ethos of the school.
• Play a major role in ensuring high quality education for all pupils and improvement in standard of learning and achievement.
• Take responsibility for co-ordinating a subject across the school.
• Take responsibility for a small class of students with severe Autism or Conductive Education, supported by a highly skilled team of staff.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding practitioner who has:
• Excellent communication skills.
• A clear vision of special education and a strong desire to work in this field with a particular interest in Autism, complex physical needs.
• An understanding of the needs of young children with high physical, medical and sensory needs including learning and behavioural difficulties.
• Experience and understanding of Early Years curriculum desirable.
• A positive approach to the management of behaviour.
• High yet realistic expectations of pupil and a commitment to meeting individual needs.
• A personable nature and the ability to work well as part of the staff team
• A desire to be involved in the full life of the school.
In house training in the communication systems and behaviour management techniques used in school will be provided.
Application forms are available from and returnable to Jill Bowe, Email email@example.com or Tel 01207 503651. Please contact Jill for an informal discussion.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Closing date: 18th October 2018 (noon)
Interview date: 29th October 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be informed by 22nd October 2018 and are encouraged to visit the school.
Jill Bowe (Headteacher)
Villa Real School
Villa Real Road
Tel: 01207 503651
This job is closed for applications.