Teacher - The Dales School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/01/2019 12:00
£23,720 - £39,406
Schools - Teaching
The Dales School
Present provision is focused on children whose needs are identified as: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH); Autistic Spectrum Condition, and; other complex needs.
Northumberland County Council have recognised the need to address a gap in provision for those children with SEMH needs, including those who may respond with violence and aggression, and, those who may be identified as presenting behaviours which display ‘Callous and unemotional Traits’ (CUTs).
You may be required to work at both The Dales School and the Ashdale site in Ashington.
We are seeking to recruit a Teacher to contribute to the effective development and maintenance of the high quality provision already offered at The Dales School.
Ashdale is seen as a ground-breaking venture which, in its planning and provision, will see education and health work together to provide individual programmes. These are intended to allow children to engage with learning opportunity through improved social and emotional interaction.
Further, into the future, there are plans for an additional phase of development of provision into key stages 3 and 4.
The Dales School, is a lead school within a Teaching School Alliance of 12 schools including: Specialist; Mainstream primary and secondary; Academy and maintained; Catholic sector, and the Pupil Referral Unit for Northumberland. The school also has extensive international links.
Over the last 15 years, the school has completed a number of significant projects related to improvement of teaching for children who have SEND. These Comenius and Erasmus projects, funded by British Council, have concentrated on ‘Inclusion’, ‘Behaviour management’, and ‘Effective Communication’, for example. We are presently committed to 2 projects involving 10 other countries and schools, with the foci of ‘ICT in school’ and, ‘The Creative Curriculum’.
If you want to join an extremely strong senior team and contribute to the future of an ambitious, rapidly growing SEND school then this is the perfect opportunity.
We are looking for a Teacher who has:-
• The resilience to work in an extremely challenging environment as an
effective member of a multi-professional team.
• The drive, vision, ambition and energy to achieve excellence for all our
• A passion to provide the best possible learning and teaching, across our
• A proven record of imaginative, innovative, and, resourceful
• A sound understanding of the Primary National Curriculum.
• A knowledge of how to meet the educational, social and emotional needs of
pupils with a range of special educational needs and disabilities including
In return, we offer:-
• The opportunity to join strong team of innovative, enthusiastic, high-
• An active Governing Body and supportive, engaged parents.
• Extensive opportunities for continuous professional development.
• An opportunity to work with children who present daily challenges and need
for innovative provision.
• A constant opportunity for professional satisfaction.
• The opportunity to be creative whilst helping children learn in a secure and
• An opportunity to shape future provision for children who have Special
educational needs and Disabilities.
Salary dependent on experience.
Visits to the school, by arrangement, are welcomed and encouraged.
The Dales School is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
An application pack, including an application form, is available to download below.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or e-mail, no later than 12 noon on Thursday 24th January 2019.
The Dales School
Cowpen Road, Blyth
Tel: 01670 352556
This job is closed for applications.