Teaching Assistant 1:1 Support
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 14/02/2019 12:00
£5,827 - £5,959 TBC
Schools - Support
Teaching Assistant to include 1: 1 support
15 hours per week term time only + 5 INSET days (39 weeks)
SCP 11 – 13: £5,827 pa to £5,959 pa
Required as soon as possible
Vacancy reference: BH/TA1:1/FEB19/EJ
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team of professionals. This post is fixed term to provide 1:1 support for a pupil within Bexhill Academy.
You will perform a key role in supporting the child’s learning in all its aspects. You will work directly with the pupil, prepare the resources, 1:1 curriculum delivery and work on areas of Passport to Learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a relevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching Assistants qualification
• Be experienced in working with children with specific needs/SEN
• Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training.
• Be willing to help with self-care skills if needed.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be able to use ICT to support learning
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
For an application form and further details, please contact WISE Academies Head Office, Borodin Avenue, Sunderland SR5 4NX, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
the vacancy reference above or contact WISE Academies Head Office Tel 0191 7070125 Ext 5 to whom completed applications must be returned.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 14th February 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 27th February 2019
This job is closed for applications.